12/9/11

EVOCATIVE MUSIC








1.15.11-
32 weeks prego.

I have been possessed by Pink Floyd, or is that called obsessed? Not sure if I even know the difference. Anyway I was listening to a song this morning, looking out the window & I had tears in my eyes, totally random. I'm not sad, hormonal & emotional I guess. B said, "which lyric/s is getting to you?" I was listening to Brain Damage actually, but maybe the title itself explains it all. I don't think it's really any particular lyric that got to me, the prominent music sound itself does it for me. Well it was raining this morning & I'm not the best with words but if one could see inside my brain it's so much going on. Its very pretty & colorful, there is lots of music & every1 is happy. I realize how this sounds. The arrangement just calms me down. I get very emotional with PF, must b the prego hormones bcz I don't recall being like this b4, or is it age? I'm listening to the post-Waters albums 2day & I really like Gilmour even though many consider The Wall the last & best of Pink Floyd. Personally, I love DSOFM, Momentary Lapse of Reason, Division Bell & Wish You Were Here. I am not too familiar with the early experimental PF stuff so I need to get on that, one day...


11.18.11-
Wish you were here has the deepest sound in the entire history of Pink Floyd. In my humble opinion it has exceeded their limit of poetry & music itself.


11.19-11-
I hate being preggo. Everything that is abnormal is normal. Anyway I've been listening to Crookedi's hip-hop weekly, B told me I'd like it & I love it. I like the complexity of his lyrics. I remember him on death row & he wasn't my favorite then but this series is on another level. He has great delivery & flow & not to mention the clever bars. He must be really smart. I'm usually not that into west coast (some) but he blew me away.


12.7.11-
I'm 35/36 weeks, almost done cooking!
So today my ipod was locked (Lexi pout a pass-code on it & she doesn't even get on it but apparently she did)...I as so mad.  I got it to work & this computer wiz unlocked it so I can finally listen to my new Lupe mix tape. It takes a while for new music to sink in so no verdict yet. I really like 2 songs so far but I will give it a full rating later. I can see Lupe doing something like Pink Floyd did with The WALL (the movie). Take the album & do a movie with it. I think he could really pull it off & have a "hidden" political message. Maybe tell it from a different point of view, maybe thru the eyes of a child or a teenager. Well I'm not in the industry but from the beginning to end that is what I pictured in my head. Pink Floyd & Lupe on my mind.


12.8.11-
I listened to '09 Cypher & Em killed it. I have argued about it on a blog & my FB but that's it. I'm done talking to the WALL abt it, I might as well talk to myself. Right after recovery dropped Em was really passionate & emotional & I can see that in his verse. I love Em's part! I feel like that, I'm a cross between a few peeps myself. That's all for 2day. I don't feel like saying much more, for some reason I'm kind of upset.


12.9.11-
Its my 3rd day on Lupe & I'm really feeling him. He was on that XXL cover with Saigon,  I read about him but didn't pay too much attention. His mix tape is officially better than his album. He also has original music. I like when artist's put out mix tapes & make it like an original album. Saigon does that 2 & he is dope for that alone. So a few weeks ago "someone" had a status update about rapper Soulja Boy saying something about the troops, I don't even know what it was abt cuz I'm not trying to hear no BS. My comment was my 1st problem with this is why are you calling Soulja Boy a rapper? We kind of got into it & this person deleted my comments. I was like whatever. I even tried to listen to this fool & shyt, it was killing me & I stand behind my original statement, not a rapper to me. It was torture music.


After listening to SRL on LF's mix tape, I was like wht is all this about. So apparently this dude Soulja Boy said, "I don't want to be super-Lupe-Fiasco-lyrical and n**gas don't know what the f*ck I'm talking about", Soulja Boy continued. "I want to be the best, I want to be recognized in that category where I'm nominated for Best Rapper with Jay-Z and Kanye and Wayne. I wanna get a Grammy. I want Best Rap Album of the Year… I've made millions of dollars off of doing my style, but, hey, I can rap, too."





12.15.2011-

I have been listening to Slaughterhouse this week. I really like the song Lyrical Murderers. Joe Budden is really growing on me but I like the other members more. I even had a dream about Joe Budden, lol. I never really dream about anyone cuz I dont watch any videos but I looked up a song & his picture was on it. Then I saw an interview with him about some domestic violence. I heard both sides & he sounds so innocent & that bia he was fking with sounds nuts. I believe that if someone is restraining a little snapper that is not hitting a woman or vise versa. Now if he would have slapped her then I could see that as a problem but she was hitting him & he grabbed her, that's not hitting, that's restraining a bia! Anyway in my dream Joe B was wearing a really sparkly suit & had a wife beater under it. I was like wow, that would look cute in pictures. I was trying to figure out how he got his suit to be so sparkly. His stylist said that it was actual dimes but in reak life dimes could nto achieve that sparkly look, but that's a dream for you. Anyway he asked me & my sister to go on tour & I was like no, then Ben was like let's go! I wasn't really feeling it being 9 months prego. I woke up as I was packing up the suitcase bcz I got convinced to go on tour...but I hate packing so good ending. Anyway Crookedi & 59 are my fav in that group.




10. 15. 2014-

Working & rocking to Vinnie Paz today. He's so dope IMO. I really like how he drops knowledge & I like his style.
Vinnie Paz::God of the Serengetti::2012



Some of my fav CDs. Still bump them!


Classic!!!

JIMI

Best female hip-hop album, IMO

Classic

I love this album, met DMX & he's cool AF